Salt Lake City, UT Lab
Several Positions Open: 2AM to 10:30AM or 4AM to 12:30PM
Pay: $28 to $33/hr + Up to $1,500 Sign On Bonus for qualified candidates
Relocation Assistance Available
PathologyWatch offers a physician or laboratory the unique opportunity to partner with expert pathologists for interpretation of specimens. PathologyWatch takes histologic slides from any location and digitally distributes the work across a network of highly skilled
Dermatopathologists. This results in a high-quality specialist interpretation with a faster
turnaround time. We are a dynamic cutting edge company expanding Artificial Intelligence (AI) use in the medical field. PathologyWatch is a fast growing company looking for a hard-working, ambitious, team-oriented individual where your contributions will be recognized and rewarded.
Under the general supervision of the laboratory manager, the Histologic technician will gross and preserve tissue specimens for sectioning, glass slide preparation for digital scanning and analysis.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for receiving and accessioning anatomic pathology specimens
as well as performing other routine technical procedures.
- Perform tissue grossing, fixation, processing, embedding, sectioning, and a
variety of staining procedures as required.
- Prepares slides for digital scanning and/or send outs as requested.
- Adheres to laboratory quality control policies by documenting all quality control
activities while maintaining a clean and well-organized work area to prevent
- Observes health and safety protocols during all cleanup procedures to
minimize risks to self and co-workers.
- Performs preventive maintenance and quality-control procedure on laboratory
equipment according to SOP and manufacturer recommendations.
- Maintains direct communication and follow up to all necessary patient
care / laboratory tasks.
- Other duties as assigned by the Histology Manager.
Skills and abilities
Spatial ability is required to perceive three-dimensional and geometric
relationships when cutting paraffin blocks and making embedding molds.
Finger dexterity required to manipulate the micro-thin tissue sections and
to mount onto microscope slides
Color discrimination required to verify diagnostic quality of staining processes in order that essential features of tissue sections can be properly defined.
Education and experience
- Associates Degree in Biology or other related science field; Bachelor’s of
Science in Biology or related science field preferred.
- ASCP HT/HTL certified or eligibility to sit for the certification exam required; and
must meet State and Federal requirements for the position and duties to be
- Previously worked in the Histology field for 1 year (preferred)
- At least 1 year of laboratory experience (preferred)