Lab Support Supervisor
Salt Lake City, UT Lab
497 West 4800 South, Murray, UT 84123
Monday to Friday 8AM to 5PM
$22 to $26/hr
The Lab Support Supervisor will coordinate and oversee administrative duties in the lab to ensure that the lab operates efficiently and smoothly. They may also assist the Lab Manager with special projects.
- Is the point person for lab communication
- Maintain proper inventories of lab consumables
- Coordinates with IT for all lab computers, printers and phone systems
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Is responsible for hiring, training and supervising the work of the Accessioners.
- Will research and resolve specimen shipping issues
- Enrolls employees into the uAttend time and attendance systems
- Is the point of contact for uAttend issues and ensure all lab employee timesheets are accurate and timely submitted to HR for payroll processing
- Manages off-site storage unit
- Coordinates with building landlord on safety and security issues
- Sets up building access for new employees, visitors and guests.
- May be assigned special projects or other tasks as needed
- Manage WPL access
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent decision-making and leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Conflict resolution experience
- Strong knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel or Google Sheets and Docs
- Must be able to be self-directed, and self-motivated
- Must have strong organizational skills
Education & Experience:
- Associate degree in Business Administration, Lab Operations or related field of study preferred
- 3 or more years’ experience as an office manager or similar job
- OR any acceptable combination of education, certification and experience.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
Pathology Watch provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.